Our curriculum is designed to take full advantage of the University’s subtropical location, with year-round access to a variety of specialized marine environments including the deep ocean waters offshore and the coral reef tracts of the Florida Keys. Undergraduate students are encouraged to work with the faculty in their laboratories, and are able to earn course credit by conducting independent research under the supervision of leading scientists in their field.
Sign up for Academic Advising
Academic advising for Fall 2017 will take place from
Monday, March 27th to Friday, April 14th
To make an Advising Appointment,
fill out the Academic Advising Signup.
* Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance!
- Days in which advisors have appointments are listed on the advising web page
- Select your advisor — Your advisor is listed in Canelink on your Student Center page. If you have not been assigned an advisor, contact the Marine Science Office at (305)284-2180
- Click on the link, you can now see what appointments are available
- Sign-up for an advising time
- Note the number code you’re given. You’ll need it to cancel/reschedule your appointment.
- If you wish to look at a different day, press “Back” on your browser to return to the calendar.
- If you signed up for a slot, check to be sure it was accepted
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, please cancel the original time before selecting a new appointment
* You should meet with your advisor before your registration time!
Undergraduate Marine and Atmospheric Science Program
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
University of Miami
1365 Memorial Drive, 210 Ungar Building,
Coral Gables, FL 33146-4250
The UM ACADEMIC BULLETIN is the academic contract for undergraduate and graduate students who need information about the university's academic programs and course listing.
Meet the Peer Counselors
Our peer counselors are undergraduate students who help show you the ropes.