On February 24, 2007 the Rosenstiel School and Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution hosted approximately 90 students from 10 Florida high schools for the 10th Annual National Ocean Sciences Bowl (NOSB) Eastern Florida Regional Competition. The competition took place at MAST Academy and at Rosenstiel School.
Eau Gallie High School Team I placed first in the competition, followed by MAST Academy Team I at second and Miami Palmetto Senior High School Team I at third. The winning Eau Gallie team advances to NOSB Nationals to compete against 24 other regional winners for the national title April 28 to 30 in Stoney Brook, NY.
Eau Gallie High School — 1st Place
This event happens annually thanks to the dozens of volunteers who act as science judges, timekeepers, moderators, and runners for this Jeopardy-like competition. This event is sponsored by the Consortium for Oceanographic Research and Education in cooperation with Rosenstiel School and Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute. Its purpose is to encourage and support the next generation of marine scientists, policymakers, teachers, explorers, researchers, technicians, environmental advocates and informed citizens.
We would like to thank the following for donations to the 2007 Manatee Bowl:
- The Billfish Foundation
- Florida Marine Science Educators Association
- Florida Sea Grant College Program
- Hood College Coastal Studies Semester
- International Game Fish Association
- Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium
- Officer Snook Water Pollution Program
- University of Alaska Southeast
- University of Miami Chapter of Sigma Xi
- Yamaha Contender Miami Billfish Tournament
Support the Rosenstiel School and its programs by making a donation today.Support our Programs