Lucky #13: Students To Host Annual Auction at UM’s Rosenstiel School on Friday, October 22
October 12, 2010
- The Marine Science Graduate Student Organization (MSGSO) of the University of Miami’s (UM) Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science will host its 13th annual benefit auction.
- The MSGSO represents more than 200 students who are pursing advanced degrees in marine biology and fisheries; marine geology and geophysics; applied marine physics; meteorology and physical oceanography; marine affairs and policy; and marine and atmospheric chemistry.
- The goal of this public event is to raise money to help fund the Student Travel Fund, which helps pay for students to travel to scientific conferences where they present their work, to participate in fieldwork, and to take part in internships in Marine Affairs. Each year is a resounding success, as people from the local Key Biscayne and Miami communities have turned out, alongside fellow UM students and faculty, to support the auction. It is the largest annual student fundraiser, by far. Last year, the event, which features everything from jewelry and artwork, to tickets to local restaurants and homemade items, brought in nearly $6,000 to support Rosenstiel School students.
- October 22, 2010, beginning at 5 p.m.
Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science
The F.G. Walton Smith Commons
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway, Virginia Key, FL 33149
(next to the Miami Seaquarium)
- $5 admission — refreshments including food, beer and soda will be provided