Officially a Shellback

Today I received my shellback ‘certification’ or ‘proof’ of crossing the equator! It is a unique card and certificate produced aboard the JOIDES Resolution – there is none like it, so I have been told. What I have now is a colourful laminated wallet-sized card. The main certificate will be issued later during the cruise.

My proof of having crossed the equator!

I wish I could write a longer post, but I am absolutely kaput from working 15hours straight. Goodnight peeps!

–Anna Ling

Anna Ling is a Ph.D student in the Centre for Carbonate Research in the Department of Marine Geosciences at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science.

This entry was posted in Marine Geology & Geophysics, Student News, UM Center for Carbonate Research by UM Rosenstiel School. Bookmark the permalink.

About UM Rosenstiel School

About the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School The University of Miami is one of the largest private research institutions in the southeastern United States. The University’s mission is to provide quality education, attract and retain outstanding students, support the faculty and their research, and build an endowment for University initiatives. Founded in the 1940’s, the Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science has grown into one of the world’s premier marine and atmospheric research institutions. Offering dynamic interdisciplinary academics, the Rosenstiel School is dedicated to helping communities to better understand the planet, participating in the establishment of environmental policies, and aiding in the improvement of society and quality of life. For more information, please visit www.rsmas.miami.edu.