Do you often see incredible natural phenomena appearing on the sea surface or sky? Snap a picture of it and you can win cool gear from CARTHE – The Consortium for Advanced Research on Transport of Hydrocarbons in the Environment.
To participate in the CARTHE Air & Ocean Photo Contest, simply observe nature, capture its beauty, and share it! For example, the various “textures” of the sea surface with different wind conditions, accumulation of sea weed and other debris along lines parallel to the wind, strong contrast in colors and sea texture at river inlets, and dynamic air-sea interactions. For more information, visit the CARTHE website.
Here are the rules:
- Images can be of the ocean, coastal water systems, inland water systems, or air/atmospheric systems.
- The CARTHE Photography Contest is open to all amateur photographers. Amateur photographers are those who earn no more than 20% of their income from their photography. Eligible photos are those that have not been published or accepted for publication and must have been taken by the person submitting the entry. The Photographer must have ownership and copyright of all entries.
- All photographs must be taken in a natural fresh-water or salt-water environment.
- Digital editing of photographs is acceptable in moderation. Only minor adjustments will be accepted (ie. minor brightness, contrast, or cropping). Any heavily filtered or manipulated photograph will be rejected at judges’ discretion.
- Ownership and copyright of all entries remain with the photographer. CARTHE, GoMRI, and RSMAS reserves the right to publish the winning photos without compensation for educational purposes, including, but not limited to publication on the CARTHE/GoMRI/University of Miami/RSMAS websites, social media, in brochures or for future contest promotion. Proper credit will be given to all winners.
- By submitting your images, you are agreeing to the terms above.
Snap away and good luck!