Current Students

Student Travel

  • Students must register with International SOS when Traveling abroad:
    All students who are traveling abroad on a University trip must register with International SOS at the website: Students must input their entire itinerary including all locations traveled. Should the itinerary
    change at any time prior to and/or during the trip, the changes must be updated in the International SOS website.
  • Student Travel Advance Form
    Request should be made one month in advance prior to trip.
  • Authorized UM Travel Agencies.
  • Student Health Insurance plan while Traveling
    Through participation in the UnitedHealthcare's Student Plan, you are eligible for global emergency assistance services when traveling abroad. Services are provided by Worldwide Assistance Services, Inc. (800) 898-3344.

    Coverage limits under the Premium Plan include:
    • Medical Evacuation: Covered up to $100,000
    • Medical Repatriation: Covered up to $25,000
    • Non-Medical Repatriation: Covered up to $5,000
    • Return of Remains: Covered up to $10,000
    • Transportation to visit a hospitalized student: Covered up to $5,000
    • Transportation to return companion: Covered up to $5,000
    • Transportation to return minor children: Covered up to $5,000
    • Hospital admission guarantee: $5,000
    • 24 hr AD&D: Covered up to $10,000

    Please keep in mind, should you need medical care while abroad, payment may be required at the time of service. Please keep all invoices and receipts to allow you to submit for reimbursement of any eligible expenses upon your return. You may also wish to purchase additional travel insurance for services not provided by this plan.